Monday, December 08, 2008

I Need A Day Off From The World

Although I've been feeling much better, it's the stresses of life that seem to consume me lately.

I played a decent session of LO8 yesterday and was thoroughly trounced. Only showed down about 35% winners, which is atrocious in split-pot poker. I know a portion of it was pure bad luck. My top boat lost to quads four times (and three times the one outer came on the river).

I was all set to write a post on my poker stats, but I accidentally deleted them while playing. Oops. I'll ask Stars for the HH at the end of the month.

I had a mild schedule of fantasy football, only 11 contests. I only played no cap and 950pt cap. I put up a decent score (and as usual) fell just short of BFFB top score. I've scored in 12 of the 14 weeks so far, but since I never had the top score in a given week, the TOC will probably be held without me.

So much for consistency being rewarded.

I also played 4 hockey contests and whiffed in all of them. Overall, I was 6 for 15 on the day across all sports. Thanks to winning a few multis, my ROI was +40.47%.

I am not in the holiday spirit. I'm having winter blues right now. It was +1 degree (Fahrenheit, ldo) this morning. While most bloggers will be straddling blinds in Vegas, I'll be straddling a snow blower. Bah humbug.

2 comments:

Blinders said...

$50 is a nice reward for consistancy, and if you can pick up a few more points on Bonds than its $100. The TOC will be very interesting this year if it ends up being heads-up. I am sure a bunch of bloggers will be kicking themselves for not giving themselves more chances at a weekly win, and an easy piece of $150.

Buffalo66 said...

It is true that there is 100/50/25 bonus for top three cumulative scores.

However, if I understand correctly, there is another 100/50/25 for weekly top score, plus 150 for TOC, with another 150+ blinders added to the TOC. So ONE good weekly score makes you eligible for about 3x the prize money.

In my eyes, this does NOT reward consistency.