Wednesday, August 30, 2006

More Money Management

It's been a quite horrid week at the tables, since I've returned from the mini vacation. I had a -40 BB 7CS session, where I lost to a straight flush 4 times in less than 4 hours. Combine that with three -20+ BB LHE sessions and I find myself pining for some split-pot action.

This is where the questions arise. I'm trying to think big picture here, using the best financial scenarios to build bankroll. I'm playing on two sites, one with 100% rakeback and the other with 33% rakeback plus monthly bonuses. Unfortunately, I'm limited to almost exclusively LHE (with some 7CS) on these sites. Whenever I've found an O8 game going (which is rarely) I've cleaned up.

So which situation is most +EV: Playing split-pot & mixed game poker with no rakeback/bonus or playing LHE with no rake? I'm not enough of a math geek to even try and pose this as an equation.

I come to the conclusion that the rakeback is the way to go, which finds me grinding LHE like the tortise at lower limits than I would care to play. Thoughts or advice welcome on this one.

Unfortunately, my downswing combined with other expenses takes the boathouse off my radar. If I can't make it happen, I expect lots of pictures and trip reports.

Football Lock of the Week: UTEP (+1.5) at San Diego St. Mike Price vs. Chuck Long... need I say more?

No comments: