Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Really Hate Rollercoasters

This was an interesting week for me. Up and down, round and round.

I played about 55 hours of poker, equal amounts on two different sites. On one site, I could to do no wrong. Their traffic is solely HE, but I crushed the LHE tables for about +140 BB. On the other site, I couldn't do right, losing 120 BB. (I never multitable.) I would honestly say I played the same style on both sites and the level of competition was about the same.

Is this normal variance? I have to admit I really struggle coping with consecutive losing sessions. I set loss limits for each session (30 BB), but when you have 4 of those in a row, you question your game, your sanity, even what you ate for lunch that day. This is one of the reasons I like split-pot poker so much.... the swings are always lower for me.

I'm spending the week in Buffalo visiting friends (having a social life for a change). A heads up - the WPT is in Niagara Falls the weekend of October 28th and I would be happy to show some bloggers how we roll in the Nickel City. If anyone is thinking about heading out this way, drop me a line - I can get the hotel hookup.

No comments: