Friday, November 03, 2006

Renewed Faith

I loaded up on Absolute's Halloween bonus and I remembered why I liked playing there. The LO8 players are not very good. It's a shame there are no PLO8 games on that site but I was able to grind out a good week with bonus and rakeback on top.

I'm beginning to see signs that the dormant poker scene might make a comeback. Some sites are running 2007 WSOP satellites. Folks are blogging about the upcoming WPBT gathering. And even though it's NaNoWriMo (or something like that), some bloggers are still writing about poker. Amen to that.

The dust is starting to settle. Once the e-wallet issues are worked out, the green light will come back on and a lot of players will jump in the pool. I'm choosing to be on top of my game rather than rusty and out of practice.

Football Lock of the Week: NCAA, Louisiana Tech (+2) @ North Texas. Rarely do I get a decent chance to wager on my alma mater, so look for the Bulldogs to repeat a win over the Mean Green. NFL, Chiefs @ Rams (-2.5). KC barely got by a decimated Seahawks team at home. CFL, Winnipeg @ Toronto (-3.5). The Argos just missed the conference crown and should cruise in the opening round of the playoffs. [2006 Record 9-7]

No comments: