Wednesday, June 20, 2007

When The Big Ones Get Away From You...

I've committed most of this month to playing PLO8. I'm grinding away, trying to take advantage of the rakeback. Except for one huge loser, results have been good.

What I'm struggling to deal with is the aftermath of losing large pots. This usually involves 2-4 players going all-in preflop. Some people are action junkies, and will throw in with almost anything. I'll almost never push (or call) unless I have a monster. I still get rakeback on the hand regardless of my involvement. Lately I've been losing these more than I'm winning them.

I understand the variance issue, and losing the big pot doesn't throw me. Most times I usually rebuy and carry on. I think it's +EV, as my opponents expect some crazy monkey tilt.

In reality, my goal is to keep the big winner at the table. I want them to think I'm the biggest fish around. I feel that the longer the game goes on, the more likely I'll be a winner for the session.

The question is whether or not to engage some conversation at the table. Often, I don't have to start the conversation. "Thanks for the donation" is really popular (or "ty" for short). I prefer not to chat during games, but I need some "Allow me to retort" type of material. Any suggestions? Waffles? Anyone?

I've also had issues with cashing out via ePassporte. (My bank doesn't play ball with them.) I'm looking into a Canadian ATM card option right now - if it works I'll finally have a method the gambling police can't block.

No comments: