Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Crushed, With Inaccuracies

It has been a week. I'm down about 35% of my bankroll. Believe me, if I had not practiced good bankroll management, it would be worse.

What sucks is that many of my big hands (winners and losers) were not imported into my database. I realize that the occasional hand gets rejected by PT, but I can think of at least a dozen hands where I stacked someone (or was stacked) that are not in there.

I like to replay the big hands in PokerEV to see where I went wrong (or right). So while some big hands are missing I have to assume that the database is a good overall representation of my play.

Onto the massacre. My overall O8 play:



Back into negative territory. Still earning Sklansky $$$. Since my luck is "better than normal", I should be even worse:



When I separate just my PLO8 hands, it still looks bad:



But what really chaps me is my LO8 chart. I'm down about 150 BB, but according to their "equity adjusted" total, I should be UP 200 BB. So... wtf? (The all-in chart is useless in LO8 because you're never all-in.):



I'm really looking for leaks here (and I know I've played some hands badly). But I keep popping all the pots at the right time, it just seems I'm not connecting.

The rest of the month I'll be grinding SNG's. I don't enjoy it as much, mostly because of the endgame.

I played the latest $3K LO8 on Full Tilt and had Jim McManus at my table. I believe I played only 5 hands before I was out, shortly after the 1st break. I'm sure I looked like a total donk - but you just can't get anywhere without making a few hands in the first hour.

No comments: