Monday, December 15, 2008

Sometimes Value Is Better Than Value Added.

I've been reading the interesting tweets (twits?) on the bloggers meeting in Vegas. Jealous still, I am.

However, a nice consolation prize for being stuck in the frozen tundra of upstate NY was my weekend of poker and fantasy sports.

I signed up for a couple dozen football contests. Even with poor performances from Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald, I managed to cash in most of them. I picked the Jets defense, knowing full well that J.P. Losman was good for a pick and a fumble. He waited until the last two minutes, but he delivered.

I won two of the three "winner take all" contests I entered. I would rather play the traditional structure, but it sure was a boost to the ROI.

I won my BFFB and SWDP contests. I'll have to wait and see if I managed to sneak into the BFFB TOC. Maybe winning outright is better than trying to win the bonus cash.

I also swept all of my hockey contests. Overall, I was 24 for 30 with an ROI of +137.32%.

Poker ran really well this week. I'm about 30bb away from fully recovering from my -200bb+ downswing. I'm a few days behind my schedule of play in order to make gold VIP for December. When you're winning it all seems so easy. I try not to take it for granted.

A pretty good weekend for the home team.

No comments: