Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lately, I've Been A Sad Panda


(Image ripped from Life In Pink)

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of reason to be happy. Traffic at dailyfantasyprojections.com has been great, actually much higher than I expected to date. So far, the feedback has been very positive.

However, I launched the site amidst my worst downswing in 4+ months. It's hard to feel like a fantasy "expert" when you've recently lost a bunch of contests.

Losing streaks are always a part of it. August will be a loser, although I have 5 winning months to 3 losers. While I am still a winner for the year 2009, it's just by a hair.

I expect the upcoming football and hockey seasons to remedy any fantasy ills I might have.

On the poker front, things were moving along swimmingly until I went on a 100+ BB downswing this weekend. It just seemed like I could never connect on a flop, or complete a nut/nut draw.

While I was temporarily soul crushed, I gather this was well within the normal variance I should expect.

Having reached my volume goals for August, I'll just be playing one table for awhile, to help get my groove back.

No comments: