Monday, January 04, 2010

A New Year, A New Life?

So I'm back from my brief visit to the Nickel City. Things seem pretty much the same there, which I admit is comforting to me.

However, I thought that visit would give me some clarity about my future plans.

I'm not sure what I should be doing next. Not next week, next month or next year.

Now, I know I'm moving. That's a given. We have to finalize my father's estate, which could take 6-9 months.

I don't want to live in Prison City anymore. But I'm undecided whether to buy or rent, which affects where I would live.

I do want to return to gaming soon. Although I'm not sure how deep I want to get in right now.

This is pretty ironic, because I suddenly find myself bankrolled for the deepest fantasy games online. I could take on anyone at any site, even Kaiser, withstanding variance above $266 games.

Poker is also sending me a message, with Stars offering a new VIP plan plus a reload bonus. But as I have hashed out here many times before, grinding cards takes a time commitment that fantasy games do not.

I think I would have to give poker a one year obligation and I'm not feelin' it right now.

The one sure thing I'm still devoted to is daily fantasy projections . I promised to give it a year, until at least next September. While I have kept the site up to date, I have not promoted or marketed much since Jack passed.

With all of the options I have before me, why do I feel so "blech"? I should be excited. Maybe it's the crappy weather.

I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: