Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Player Transfers Are Not Needed In Daily Fantasy Sports

DraftStreet announced today that they are doing away with the player to player transfer feature.

I think this is a good trend for the industry. There are two main reasons for this:

1) It will protect users from getting their funds stolen via hackers; and
2) It will discourage prop betting between users, which is a violation of the terms of use.

As someone who has been a hacking target repeatedly, I approve of this measure. Anyone getting access to my account cannot change any account information without me knowing about it. With transfers, the money would be long gone before I could try to cancel it out.

With paypal accepted at almost every site, there is no reason players cannot use that vehicle to transfer money amongst themselves.

No comments: