Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year, New Resolve, Same Old Buffalo

I wanted to post about my upcoming goals for 2007 but my father's emergency got in the way. He's recovering nicely, by the way.

I have been lingering in the salt mines too long. It's time for ol' 66 to take a step up in the poker world. As for the bloggersphere - well, let's just say I like being the last of the independents. Too much consolidation for my taste.

My goals, in some particular order:

1) Become a Stars Supernova in 2007, unless a better deal comes along at another site. If I play with any regularity, I should be a Gold Star by the end of the month.

I've figured out the best way to make use of the FPP's and it's NOT the cash bonuses or satellites (in most cases). You can order a $1500 WSOP (televised) event entry for 93k FPP's, but I can earn about $1600 cash equivalent for the same points. (And I can start redeeming them around 6500 FPP's.)

2) Recruit/School/Bankroll more players in 2007. I added two players to the fold in 2006 and both had winning years in their first try. Avoiding any legislative pitfalls, that number should increase this year.

3) Play in some (live) meaningful tournaments. Unfortunately, geography is not on my side. Turning Stone and Seneca Niagara have only spread NLHE events the past two years. The Taj did a poor job marketing the USPC and I didn't have enough time to make arrangements for the hi/lo events. This year, I expect to hit something on the east coast (probably the USPC) and perhaps one event out west. Worst case, I'll play some NLHE events at Turning Stone.

4) Handicap above 65% (versus the spread) in 2007. I'm pleased to say that I finished the 2006 football season at 61.8% (21-13-1), which beats the juice of any legitimate book out there. However, picking over 65% puts me in a class with professional cappers - and all of my picks are free!

I hope whatever you try to accomplish in 2007, you follow your passion and have fun.

(ETA: I'll be simul-posting on the MySpace Blog this year - making it easier to subscribe.)

No comments: