Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Dow of Poker

I'll bet that title has been used before...

I'm on the road, so this will be a shortie.

Volatility is a word being tossed around on Wall Street these days, even with the current surge in the market. I think this term also applies to the pokershpere (blogs included). Although most of the poker site volatility has calmed, it seems a lot of hardcore players have jumped ship recently. Burnout or bust out, a few bloggers have hung it up (although new bloggers usually emerge to take their place).

Other bloggers seem to write more about non-poker topics. I think this falls under the category of blog evolution - after all, how many bad beats and donkeys can you write about?

There has been a quiet lull in poker news these past few months. With the WSOP slowly creeping up on us, I hope this will change.

While a good tournament player will never have to worry about the games drying up, the changing landscape makes me wonder if the poker boom has become a bane.

No comments: