Friday, November 21, 2008

Blushing And Fuming

I've recently been mentioned in a few posts and I appreciate the acknowledgement. I never had any intention of becoming a fantasy sports fiend, it just kind of happened.

I realized I could make money in a smaller frame of time than it took to play poker. How I got there is another story for another time.

Being showered with praise doesn't change the fact that I'm losing at hockey this month. My goalies haven't won a game in a week. It seems to be a very topsy-turvy time in the NHL. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I had a mild chance a pulling out a winner last night until Ovechkin went on tilt and took a BAD penalty in the 3rd period. He's been money most nights, so I can't fault just him for my loss.

But I'm getting frustrated that hockey isn't creating better results.

I still believe my hockey skills are better than my football skills. I've just run good on Sundays and run bad on weekdays. Hopefully the winning will become more consistent than cyclical.

Football plays: CFL Grey Cup, Calgary (pk) vs. Montreal. Going with the hottest team to close the deal. NCAA, Boston College (+2) @ Wake Forest. Eagles become factor in ACC race. NFL, Panthers (+1) @ Falcons. The quietest 8-3 team in the league gets it done. [2008 YTD 21-24-1.]

No comments: