Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Recent results have been less than desirable.

I just had my worst month ever on Fan Duel. Almost exactly 2x the amount of the previous worst month.

And there is a reason for the double losses - the large field tournaments. I have whiffed in 6 of the last 7 tries, with the only significant cash barely covering the entry fees. The big fields bring big variance and I've been experiencing the bad side of that.

Heads-up contests have not been going any better. Normally I would acknowledge the players who have been outstanding, but pretty much everyone has been sticking it to me for a few weeks or more. So you're all equally better than me, at least for now.

Despite my hemorrage in December I still managed to finish the year in the black on Fan Duel, thanks to my awesome run in October-November.

Over on Fantasy Sports Live things have been a little brighter, I had my 2nd most profitable year of the four I've played so far. I finished the year with three consecutive winning months.

The only problem is the traffic is waning. It's getting harder to find any hockey match ups - at any price.

As a nice start to the new year I won $300 in bonus cash for the highest cumulative football score. If that isn't proof that projection models work, I don't know what is.

With football almost over and hockey action scarce, I may concentrate more of my time to poker and sports betting. I have been playing 7 stud daily since the new year, hopefully I won't burn out too quickly.

I've dealt with some pretty brutal losing streaks before. It all turns around eventually.

1 comment:

SirFWALGMan said...

Maybe Blinders quit too soon. LOL.