Monday, March 14, 2011

Just A Thought On The 70 Mile $1mm Prop Bet

This has been sitting in the back of my mind for awhile.

For those of you not familiar with this bet, some friends made a wager that one person could/couldn't run 70 miles in 24 hours.

You can read the whole story (written by one of the participants) here and here.

After reading the story (and the entire 2+2 thread about it) I'm struck over one aspect: There appears to be no photographic or video evidence of the events. None before, during or after.

In our world of ubiquitous cell phones, no one snapped a photo?

If I was in on this bet either way, I would have videotaped the whole thing. For a cool million, I would review the tape to make sure no cheating occurred.

If I were the parents of Ashman, I would have videotaped the whole thing for legal reasons in case any injuries occurred.

I'm not saying he didn't run the 70 miles. It's certainly within the physical limits of a human to do it.

I'm just saying that without ANY evidence other than heresay, color me skeptical.

PS - Happy Steak & BJ Day!

No comments: